Saturday, January 30, 2010

My sunflowers~Today's Flowers 013010, Mellow Yellow Monday











I planted these sunflower seeds in my front yard in early December. Here in our desert, we have a 365 day growing season and I wanted to see if I could get two crops of them before mid-summer. It looks like that is possible, since these are already blooming and it's only the end of January! They aren't as tall as last year's crop, which towered over 7 feet! But, I LOVE their color! Today's Flowers for January 30, 2010.

6 comments:

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

I love sunflowers, dear
Have a nice day
GRACEOLSSON.COM/BLOG

Stephanie V said...

Two crops! It must be lovely - all those beautiful sunflowers. I love this flower - perfect for MYM.

Unknown said...

These are magnificent! Nice to see sunflowers this time of year, a good six months before they will appear in MY gardens! LOL

EJ said...

what a big sunflower.

Our Mini Date

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh so pretty. We have a neighbor who grows the most gorgeous giant sunflowers. Can't wait for the season to roll around again.

Ali said...

Awww those are beautiful! I am so jealous! Sitting here in 20 degree Ohio weather wishing it were spring and you are growing SUNFLOWERS lol =) great shots!