Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bougenvillas~Today's Flowers 040410 and Bloomin' Tuesday











Two of my bougenvillas are in full bloom right now, my purple one and one of my red ones. I love how the red one cascades over my front fence! When I pull in the driveway every afternoon, it greets me! I planted them several years ago right next to the fence there and now I have two of the red ones that have grown up and over the fence. Bougenvillas grow extremely well here in our desert heat. In fact, they LOVE the heat! I planted the purple one right next to one of the posts on our patio, and it has now grown up the post. Today's Flowers for April 4, 2010.

9 comments:

Brenda's Arizona said...

Excellent! The bougenvillas have the most gorgeous colors, and yours certainly express vibrancy!

Darla said...

I love them too...what a nice way to be welcomed home.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful blooms! I really like that red one. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Sherrie's Stuff

Paula said...

What amazing colors and blooms. I am sure you want to be outside with these all day long!
Thanks for sharing, Paula from Idaho

Jean said...

What beautiful colors! They must look amazing in full bloom. Thanks for joining us for Bloomin' Tuesday! Looking forward to more of your desert heat blooms. Jean

Anne Fannie said...

I just love bougenvillas, they are so colorful! I also like the thorns on them to keep people from climbing over our fence!!
I think the red is my favorite.
Happy Blooming Tuesday..

Ann

kesslerdee said...

They are beautiful! I took mine out this year and I am a little sad, although they were in a bad place so it had to be. I hope to plant them again in a more suitable home.

~~Rhonda said...

The bougainvilleas are beautiful! I love their papery flowers. If they were hardy here, I'd have them draped all over the place! ~~Rhonda :)

ibo said...

This plant is amazing. It can be shaped in any way. It's my all time favorite :-)