Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mexican Bird of Paradise~Today's Flowers~072411




Hubby and I are over in Arizona this weekend, in Scottsdale. We decided to get out of our desert and go sit in a hotel in another one! I know that sounds crazy, but we both needed a change of scenery. So, yesterday morning I marched out with my camera to take some photos of the area next to the pool which is below our room. It was hot by 9:00 a.m. and I wasn't outside long...just long enough to snap a couple of quick photos! This is a Mexican bird of paradise bush. We have them in our desert, too, but I haven't stopped to take any photos of them this summer. Aren't they gorgeous? I have some in my yard, but mine are pure yellow. These are very hardy bushes and they propagate easily. I like the multicolored ones better! Today's Flowers for July 24, 2011. To visit Today's Flowers, please go to: http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Roan said...

They are gorgeous. Enjoy your mini vacation. It's been hot here in Illinois, too, but clouds just brought in a cool breeze. It won't last long, but it's nice while it lasts.

Luna Miranda said...

i have seen this flower around here but somehow i never had the chance to take a photo.:p lovely vibrant colors.

hobosfromubobo said...

While we are experiencing 0 degree starts to our day here in Australia I'm hearing of your hot weather and feeling for you. We grow this tree and you have captured its beauty so well.

easygardener said...

They are very attractive and such a beautiful colour. They are well named!

DJ said...

sometimes it's good to have a change of scenery. I've never seen this flower before, thanks for sharing.

DeniseinVA said...

Your Mexican Bird of Paradise is gorgeous! I love its vibrant color. Makes me happy just to look at them. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoyed your break. If I had beautiful flowers like this around me, I would be a very happy camper.