Friday, March 19, 2010

Butterfly garden~Think Green Thursday 031810






The Living Desert Reserve, in Palm Desert, CA has a butterfly garden and I love to wander through it and see the butterflies. I stopped by yesterday afternoon (after school) for my second visit. I like it there because it's cool and there are so many beautiful flowers for the butterflies! And, there are LOTS of butterflies! There are also several hummingbird pairs and I'm going to try to get a decent picture of one of the little fellows! They have color charts to that you can identify the fliers (of course, I didn't have one yesterday) and that will be my next goal. Aren't they all beautiful? Think Green Thursday for March 18, 2010.

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful shots, love the butterflies.

ramblingwoods said...

I would LOVE to visit this garden. It will be a while before we have any butterflies and I really love to take photos of them. I too have trouble capturing hummingbirds as they are so very fast. Thank you for this lovely post to help celebrate spring and Nature Notes... Michelle

Leora said...

We have a butterfly garden in East Brunswick, which is about twenty minutes by car. I should take my camera and visit there sometime.

Your photos are lovely.