Monday, November 23, 2015

More flowers for the front yard

I went back to the nursery center yesterday and bought 4 more snapdragons, 1 mint, and 2 verbena.  Now the garden looks pretty full and I think I'm set for the season.  I also bought 3 packages of miniature sunflower seeds which only grow to be 2-3 feet tall.  These will make a nice hedge against the railroad ties raised bed, I believe.  I also planted the 7 cabbage plants that were leftovers from Friday.  All 125 of our 3rd graders got to take home a cabbage plant, but there were about 15 leftovers, so I took 7 and put them in the raised bed.  I planted the mint in the middle of them, so maybe it will keep some pests away!

Here are some photos of the newest plants:

 Verbena
 Snapdragon
Snapdragon next to the daisies

No comments: