Sunday, November 22, 2015

Winter garden

I can't believe it's been over 6 months since I last posted here.  It wasn't a really hot summer, but it was H-U-M-I-D.  Ugh.

Anyway, I'm slowly getting my fall/winter garden put together.  Every weekend I visit our local nursery, which is just up the street.  Their prices are a little higher than Lowe's and Home Depot, but their plants are of a much better quality.  And, I can ask them questions and they will answer them.  They also are used to me walking around with my camera and put up with that, too.

So far, I've planted daisies, blue salvia, a red salvia, a red/orange salvia, Rudbeckia, lavender, and something blue.  Oh, and a red snapdragon which attracts hummingbirds.  I may return today and buy a couple more snaps.  I'm also going to buy a package of sunflower seeds to put next to my railroad ties garden.

Here are some photos of the garden so far...
 Daisies...
 My 20 year old cat loves to "help" me.  He usually plants himself right in the middle of my photos!
 Rudbeckia...
 The blue thing...I don't know what it is...

No comments: