Saturday, April 25, 2009

Garden update 042509




Well, my African daisies are pretty much gone. They have gone to seed and I'm scattering the seeds around so that next year I'll have another crop. I already miss their cheerful colors that greeted me every morning. I'm going out tomorrow morning with my weed wacker and whack them off and the Bermuda grass that is growing up with them...(sob, sob!). But, it must be done, unfortunately! So, here are some parting shots of my daisies and poppies...I will miss them, but I know they will be back next year. It's just getting too hot here in the desert for them. I already have some Tithonia seeds that I'll plant in their place. I took these pics about a week ago, before our 100 degree heat hit, so they are pretty much all dried out now...sigh...any ideas/suggestions on what to plant in their place?

No comments: