Monday, May 4, 2009

Tacoma Stans~~Mellow Yellow for Monday, May 4, 2009




Hubby and I drove down to our local community college yesterday to see their garden area. They also are growing sunflowers and even corn! Corn this early! Early corn! There were some rabbits hopping around and we tried to get some pics of them, but they moved too quickly! We did see these Tacoma stans blooming there. I have one on the corner of my house, but these weren't mine. Aren't they pretty against the blue sky? Mellow Yellow for Monday, May 4, 2009.

6 comments:

MYM said...

Can't believe the corn is this early, wow! I love these photos - such a pretty tree, never seen one before. Would love to have one on the property - everything around here is pink, which is pretty too. I just don't have a meme for pink stuff, lol

Debo Hobo said...

I like going for walks and stopping to take photos of the pretty flowers too, but mine always come out blurring from huffing and puffing along the trail, LOL. Great photo!!! :)

Teena in Toronto said...

What a lovely tree!

I played too :)

bobbie said...

Gorgeous flowers! Everything in CA is gorgeous!

Regina said...

Lovely shots.

storyteller said...

What BEAUTIFUL yellow blossoms! Love your orange background and beautiful header too. I played at Happily Retired Gal and Small Reflections on Monday but haven't had time to visit until today.
Hugs and blessings,